For the Holiday 2012 Grand Bal Collection, Dior created two new 5-Couleurs Eyeshadow Palettes in Night Golds 524 and Fairy Golds 764.
What the Neiman Marcus website has to say about the Grand Bal 5-Couleurs Eyeshadow Palettes:
The whimsical & playful masquerade balls of his time inspired Christian Dior’s love of surprise and elegance. Today, the House of Dior embodies that same sense of extravagant splendor with a golden holiday collection of limited edition items.
Golds, black & pearly white shadows adorn the eyes this holiday season with two limited edition palettes.
- The center color is an icy white shade reminiscent of snow. It’s rather glittery, and, as you’ll see from the eye look below, is best used as a pop of color at the inner corner of the eye. You could also use very sparingly as a highlight.
- The top left color is a frosty pink shade perfect for an all over lid color or even to blend out the crease. This shade was wonderful to use and applied very well.
- The top right color is the gold version of the icy white shade. Because of the coloring it pops more pigment, but, like the middle shade, works best just as a pop of shimmer somewhere to highlight the eye. Perhaps in the center.
- The bottom right color is a deep chocolate brown with a hint of burgundy to it. It’s really beautiful and is the smoothest and most pigmented shadow of the five. I like to use shades that are deep like this as a crease color or for the outer-V area, but if you want some drama over your Holiday this would be an awesome all over lid shade with the gold color lightly dusted over top.
- The bottom left color is a frosty light mauve. It’s such a beautiful shade and glides on like butter. Easy to blend and work with, and out of all of the warm shades in this palette it leans to the cool side.
While this palette borders on sheer, the deep burgundy/chocolate shade makes up for it by bringing the other lighter shades to life. You can create a lot of holiday looks with this palette and it’s very on trend for the season. A great investment to make for your whimsical holiday makeup stash!
For this EOTD, after applying my UDPP, I first took MUFE OL Mat Black Aqua Eyes and lined the upper part of the eye. I applied the bottom left shade all over the lid and through the crease (yes, over the liner, making it appear like a blackened silver). The bottom right shade was applied into the crease and blended up, and also in the outer-V. The center shade was used at the inner corners and the top left shade was used to blend out the crease and to highlight.
To finish off I brushed a bit of Chanel Platine Ligne Graphique Liquid Eyeliner under the lower lash line and smudged with my finger. After a few seconds I applied a bit of the bottom left shade of the palette over top. The mascara is Chanel Le Volume.