In addition to the bitter weather being absolutely vicious to your skin, the constant hand washing that cold and flu season requires makes hands crack and feel painful.
Since my skin is rather sensitive, the Aveeno brand has always been one of my top choices for lotions and creams because of it’s intense hydration and ability to settle itchy & problematic skin so quickly. To further calm and safeguard peeling and cracked skin Aveeno has developed the Skin Relief Healing Ointment.
Aveeno states that the Skin Relief Healing Ointment is:
- From a dermatologist recommended brand, multi-purpose petrolatum helps soothe scaling, peeling and cracking skin and lips, while forming an occlusive layer on the skin’s surface for locking in moisture.
- Targets extremely dry, chafed or cracked areas that require ointment for extra protection.
- Soothes and protects skin from minor burns, scrapes and cuts.
- Formulated with soothing ACTIVE NATURALS® Triple Oat Complex using colloidal oatmeal for relief, oat essence to soothe, and oat oil to moisturize
- Formula is fragrance-free, dye-free, lanolin-free, and gentle enough for sensitive skin.
Perhaps the most amazing thing, though, is what this ointment did for my husband. He had a horrible and scaly gross patch of skin between his thumb and pointer finger. Lotions seemed to help but the redness and irritation was always there. This ointment healed his hand completely in two days. Even after the first day it was considerably better. It’s unreal how well this product works!
Aveeno Skin Relief Healing Ointment is available this month at national food, drug and mass merchandisers, SRP $7.99-$9.99 for 3 fl. oz.