The term “lip pencil” covers a lot more products than you’d think. When it came time to choose ten of my favorite lip pencils for Top 10 Tuesday I thought it’d be easy… until I realized how many I had. Then how many I more I
wanted needed. Some of the products that I have listed are actual lip pencils while others could be described as more of a lip crayon, tint.. even gloss! Regardless, all are in pencil form and definitely fall into the category of Top 10 Lip Pencils!
- Dior Jelly Lip Pen. First, apologies. These three shades were LE in Summer 2013 but I heart them more than anything ever. While they’re on the sheer side they’re super moisturizing. The slight tint gives my lips just enough color and shine. It’s beyond me why they didn’t make more.
- ARDENCY INN AMERICANA Natural Lip Color Pencil. I have the shade Bowery but am in love with the formula! So opaque and smooth… you’ll be addicted too, no doubt. Hopefully they’ll bring out more colors soon!
- MAC Lip Pencil. My favorite lip liner for at least 15 or so years has been Subculture. It sharpens nicely to the perfect point and is my go-to MLBB liner.
- MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil. The rounded tip on the MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencils make them a little awkward to keep into the lip lines if you have thin lips, but they feel amazing and have an awesome shine!
- Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm. I loved these when they first released forever ago and I love them even more now that they’re revamped. Lots of moisture and shine! The best part about the revamp? You don’t need to manually sharpen them!
- Milani Anti-Feathering Lip Liner. The best inexpensive clear lip liner to keep your bold lips in place. Easy to use without the tug!
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain. Easy & even application, these have been a fave for almost two years! They even come in matte form now, which I’m definitely going to be picking up!
- Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color. This formula is moisturizing, pigmented, long-wearing, smooth and glossy… it’s every.thing.ever. Most people love Naked but doesn’t everyone need a little Fbomb in their life?
- Pixi Beauty Tinted Brilliance Balm. I’ve been loving Orchid Petal for an every so slight, fresh tint of pink – very shiny & moisturizing!
- Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylo. I spoke on these last week for Makeup Wars, but I’m going to throw them out there again – they’re that good. If you want a nude lip that is smooth, opaque, non-drying and looks pretty when you stare at it then you’ve found the right product.
…and, of course, 3 more that I need to try in 2014 (so far):
- Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon. These are SO BOLD but they are amazing. I’ve played around with them in person but haven’t bitten the bullet. Yet. In the near future I’ll definitely have Kumquat and Blood Orange in my life.
- Tarte LipSurgence™ Lip Tint. Technically I’ve tried this before, but it’s been a few years. Since then they’ve added on lip pencils in Power Pigment, Matte Lip Tint and Skintuitive Lip Tint. This is my written note to buy all the pencil tint.
- Bobbi Brown Art Stick. At first glance the size of these intimidated me plus they didn’t look like they’d be smooth. The reviews and swatches from fellow bloggers have won me over! I’m totally lemming Sunset Orange and Dusty Pink!
What lip pencil do you recommend?